Friday, August 29, 2014

Getting the Call

August 18 was the first day back at school.  We had an institute day.  I don't have very good phone service inside the building, so when I was heading to lunch with my department, I saw I had a voicemail from my orthodontist's office.  THIS WAS THE CALL I HAD BEEN WAITING FOR!  I was almost to the 10-week point on this day.  I was so thrilled to hear from them.

I called the office back, and they told me my aligners were in, which meant I had the green light to set my surgery appointment and then make an appointment 5 days later with the orthodontist to get my aligners.  They also told me that my treatment was changing slightly, and I was not going to have the bottom tooth pulled after all.  Even though I was at a restaurant for lunch, I was too excited to wait to make these calls.  I first called the oral surgeon, who had an opening for the next Friday, August 29.  I had already determined that should the school year start without me starting my process, August 29 would be the best day for surgery because 1.) I wouldn't miss any instructional time, as it's an institute day and 2.) it's part of a long weekend with Labor Day the following Monday.  I set my appointment for August 29 and then my orthodontist appointment for the next Wednesday, September 3 (after school!)

In order to get to August 29, I had to make it through the first 6 instructional days of school.  I'm happy to report that they were great... and the day finally came!

No comments:

Post a Comment