Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Tray Two...?

Today marks two weeks since I got my aligners and is therefore the day to change my trays.

Earlier this evening, I took some ibuprofen in preparation, brushed my trays #1 for the last time, and popped in trays #2...

And guess what?

They were loose.  They were easier to put in and remove than my current aligners.

After hours of trying not to freak out and lots of Googling, I've come to the conclusion that this means I should leave my aligners in for one more week.  After all, the orthodontist did say I may have to do that.  I feel like most of the air gaps are filled in with these aligners, though, so I'm pretty bummed about it.  I don't want to advance trays too early, though, and end up with mid-treatment refinements (if I can help it).

I may call the orthodontist tomorrow, depending how I feel about it.  I'm not sure if this will change my 6-week appointment?  So much confusion.  Ugh.

Well... I'm still excited about all of this but have too many questions to think about before bed!

Here's to one more week with trays #1...

No comments:

Post a Comment