Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fourth Trays and Attachments

Today was my six-week appointment to get three new sets of trays (4, 5, and 6) and attachments on my top teeth.

My orthodontist said everything was looking good so far.  I had to get 5 (I think!?) attachments on my upper teeth that help the aligners grasp the teeth a little bit better.  The process of getting them was extremely quick and painless.  The little attachments are tooth-colored (so they are somewhat difficult to see).  I will get some more (6, maybe?) attachments on my lower teeth in another 6 weeks.

For this appointment, I was really excited about getting my future trays to see the shape of my teeth at that point.  Before I pulled out of the parking lot, I had to take the sixth trays out of the bag and compare them to the third.  I can definitely spot the differences!  I can't wait for the end of November when I will be wearing those trays!

This afternoon, I looked at my calendar to see when my process would be finished according to the projected "80 weeks" by my orthodontist today.  I should be finished (ish?--refinements?!) by March 2016.  Alright!

And here are the pictures of everything:

 **Pictures of my current bite, as usual.  Try to spot the attachments!




















**The difficult-to-photograph attachments.  There are three in the top picture and two in the middle picture.

I'm attempting to point to one in the bottom picture.
















**My current smile without (top) and with (bottom) Invisalign.  The attachments are a little more visible here.

No comments:

Post a Comment