Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fifth Trays

Life has been so crazy-busy lately that the two weeks with my fourth trays seemed like forever.  I even had to check my calendar last week to make sure it hadn't been two full weeks since getting them.  I still feel like it's been a really long time since I've changed trays.

Needless to say, I am pretty excited about changing to my fifth trays on top and bottom.  My fourth trays were getting pretty gnarly.

These trays feel different than some of the others did at first.  Yes, they are tight, but I also feel like I can push the top and bottom down more in front when I bite my top and bottom teeth together.  I also feel like I have far less empty space to fill up in these.

My teeth are definitely moving.  Some of my back teeth are being moved forward, causing strangely large gaps.  I used to have to put a lot of pressure on my flosser to get my back teeth, but now, I have absolutely zero resistance when flossing between some teeth.  There are gaps that trap large bits of food!

This time around, I'm including my normal pictures, as well as inside views of my top and bottom teeth.  Enjoy!




 -My current bite.  Some attachments are visible.














-Side view of current bite.





-Other side view of current bite.











-Current smile.  Not much has changed.  I find it hard to imagine this smile with actually straight teeth!


 -Open wide!  These are my bottom teeth right now.  See that tooth behind all of the other teeth?  Yeah, I guess it's been pulled to the front at some point.  I'm excited to see that in action!

My aligners have text on them to indicate that they are Invisalign and to show which number tray they are... which is really awesome because I have twice mixed up trays after the excitement of receiving them at the orthodontist's office.




-Here are my top teeth.  This view was actually kind of eye-opening for me.  I knew the teeth adjacent to my two front teeth were hiding a little bit, but this gives me a better idea of how much they are hiding.  I feel a little more secure in their seemingly small size now. ;)

The two teeth just ahead of the teeth with text on them are those that are moving forward quickly, hopefully to the close the gap that oral surgery left.  You can sort of see the gaps here!



No comments:

Post a Comment