Sunday, November 9, 2014

I'll have one toothpaste, hold the mint!

Since having Invisalign for over a month now, I find myself sometimes brushing my teeth 4 (or sometimes 5) times per day!  I've always been a little bit sensitive to mint (and spearmint makes me INCREDIBLY nauseous... even if someone next to me is simply chewing spearmint gum), so brushing that many times each day with a minty paste is getting old very quickly.

I went to a Halloween party where I got to pick a prize from the prize basket.  I, of course, went with the WATERMELON toothpaste!

Watermelon?!  Is it even good?  Is it still minty?

Yes, watermelon.  It is wonderful.  It tastes like some kind of watermelon gum, except the flavor never expires!  (let alone after 3 seconds like most fruity gum)  It is not minty at all.  It's this green goo/gel stuff.  I also use it to clean my aligners like I would any other toothpaste because I don't want to clean my mouth with something fruity and then put minty trays in my mouth.  Bleh!

After getting the watermelon toothpaste, I decided that I should probably invest in some more fun flavors of toothpaste, or else brushing would become a hassle for me.  Fruity/non-minty flavors are usually found in toothpastes for kids, so that's where I started my "research."  I wanted to make sure that using kids' toothpaste isn't (in some way) harmful for a 25-year-old.  I read that many of those toothpastes have less fluoride in them so it's safer if kids swallow it.  That was pretty much the only difference that I found.  I'm now worried about not fulfilling my fluoride requirement for the day since I brush so many times and since I will still be using adult toothpaste for a few of those brushes.  (AND fluoride rinse at night!)

Last night, I bought two new toothpastes (with coupons!):  Hello Kitty bubble gum flavor and Crest for Kids Sparkle Fun flavor.  I remember Sparkle Fun flavor from when I was younger, and I really liked it.  I haven't tried it yet to see if it's the same.  Bubble gum flavor is pretty legit.  It's not super bubble gummy, but it's still better than many of the minty flavors that I can't take during the day.

So... yeah.  Here's to better flavors of toothpaste during this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment