Monday, December 1, 2014

Seventh Trays and Lower Attachments

Today was the day when I finally got to return to the orthodontist to get lower attachments and my next few sets of trays.  Awesome!

I had to wait a few extra days for this appointment because of Thanksgiving (my appointments had been on Wednesdays), so I had my previous trays (#6) for extra time.  I tried really hard to keep them as clean as possible.  I also kept them out for longer periods of time since I had so many extra days.  (I went to a party, a wedding, and Thanksgiving dinner during those weeks.)  I think everything went well with those trays!

This morning, I had five attachments put on my bottom teeth for a total of ten (I think?) overall.  Adjusting to my upper attachments 6 weeks ago was difficult because I had a hard time putting in and removing my trays.  Doing that hurt for about 5 days!  I'm currently going through the same process with my bottom attachments.  Removing my bottom tray is really hard right now because I have attachments on 4 teeth in a row, so finding a place to grip them to lift them off seems impossible.  I always feel like I'm going to pop off an attachment!

Because I now have my upper and lower attachments (and probably because my orthodontist said I'm "probably following the rules to the tee"), I received my next four sets of trays this morning, meaning I don't have to return to the orthodontist for another 8 weeks!  Crazy!  My next appointment is January 26.  The first thing that I did when I got into my car, of course, was check out my tenth trays, which I'll be wearing at the end of January.  They don't look a TON different than the rest, but I can definitely see the alterations.  You'll just have to wait until then to see them!

Here are my picture updates:

(These have natural lighting like my earlier tray pictures because I took them in the middle of the day.)


Current bite.  Nothing much new to report here.  Mouth seems wider.


Bite from one side view.  You can tell my two front teeth have moved quite a bit from the inward-facing angle at which they were pointing initially.


Bite from the other side view.  Gap closing a little bit more (maybe?)


Current smile.  Fangs seem to be lower-ish.


My mouth all opened and stuff.  See if you can spot the ten attachments!


These are the four bottom attachments in a row.  They look like those bubbled on bottom.  I found myself biting my lower lip a lot tonight at dinner because of those suckers.

The single lower attachment on this side.  So lonely...

No comments:

Post a Comment